Cloud Security is one of the top deterrents to organizations adopting this new technology and it's understandable why. According to a recent survey by Wakefield Research, Cloud Computing was found to be widely misunderstood. The survey found that:
- 51 percent of respondents, including a majority of Millennia's, believe stormy weather can interfere with cloud computing.
- 95 percent are actually using cloud services today via online shopping, banking, social networking and file sharing, even though a third believe it to be a "thing of the future".
- 59 percent believe the "workplace of the future" will exist entirely in the cloud.
When you use WIP Software we require a "secure session" first be established using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) enabling information as it is being sent over the Internet between your computer and WIP Software systems to be secured using public key cryptography. This is done by your computer exchanging key information with WIP Software computers to create a private conversation that only your computer and WIP Software systems can understand. This is the same technology you already use and trust when you shop or bank online.
Is my data safe in the Cloud?
In most cases having control of your data is confused with keeping it secure. In fact, according to security experts nearly 75% of security breaches are "inside jobs" - like the untrained employee who downloads sensitive data to their USB drive and walks out the door. Or the worker who brings an infected laptop into the office from home. Or the mobile user who connects to unsecured Wi-Fi systems regularly.
The fact is, most security breaches by insiders are not intentional; they happen when employees make bad or uninformed choices about their passwords, websites they visit and the emails they open.
Now consider the advantages Cloud offers your organization:
- Cloud services are operated by the companies that develop them and security is at the core of their business. From video surveillance to access controls data centers have exceedingly strong physical security. At many small businesses like yours, data breaches can happen because someone simply walks off with a server or laptop that stores sensitive information onsite.
- Almost every type of threat from viruses to phishing scams and beyond are on the rise. Anti-virus software and firewalls provide basic protection, but data centers that host cloud services utilize cutting edge encryption and security tools. These include advanced intrusion and zero-day threat detection, which means security teams can fend off attacks before they occur.
- If you decide to do-it-yourself you not only have to buy the right equipment and software to secure your on-premise deployments, you also have to worry about maintaining it and keeping it up to date as threats evolve or hire staff to do this for you. When you use cloud services all you need to purchase is a subscription and your security is included.
How does WIP Software protect my data?
WIP Software uses a mix of technologies to safe guard your data including:
- 256-bit SSL Encryption
- Digitally Signed & Encrypted Sessions
- Encrypted Login
- Secure Data Center
- Redundant Data Storage
- Automatic Daily Backups